Monday, August 17, 2009

Here I go!


Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my Blog! This is my first entry and I plan on writing many more entries in the months to come as I hope to share my experiences in Bhutan with all of you by way of words, images and hopefully sounds.

I'm writing from Boston where i'm visiting my parents until the 20th of August. On Thursday, i'll be beginning my long journey to Thimpu, Bhutan.

NYC - Dusseldorf, Germany
Dusseldorf - Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok - Paro, Bhutan

I'm scheduled to arrive in Paro on the 23rd, and I will be picked up from the airport and driven to the Capital city of Thimpu that day. I expect to be exhausted!

I still don't think i've comprehended that in just a matter of days i'll be on my way, starting quite an adventure. In the meantime i've really enjoyed my time here with my family, getting a chance to decompress just a little bit after the remarkably hectic last couple of months in California. I feel great about the last few months in California. Aside from preparing for my job and life in Bhutan, and trying to wrap up my life in California I was furiously working on three recording projects, all of which I managed to complete with great success before my departure.

Thinking about my life in California, I am overcome with a feeling of gratitude for the gift that your friendship is. I treasure all of the wonderful friendships that I established during my seven years in California. And, as I was getting ready for this new adventure your support (both spiritual and material) has been so valuable and touching to me.

And, saying goodbye was really hard!

I'm going to sign off now and see if I can post this first blog and invite you all to check it out. I'll probably write again before I depart just to fill you in on how my fundraising for Bhutan unfolded and what i'm bringing with me to the Kilu Music School!

Yours,
Noam



No comments:

Post a Comment