Monday, June 28, 2010

Life in Bhutan: February through June in Photos


Dusk hours: the view from my balcony on a typical evening in Thimphu.

Pancake party at Shafik's house with a wonderful international community of friends.

Going on a day hike in the surrounding mountains of Thimphu. Got a little lost looking for a monastery, but had a great time anyway!

With Tshewang Dendup...who has been a special friend for me here in Bhutan.

More community: this time at Deer Park Thimphu, early may, during wisdom tea party. Friends brought cake and celebrated my birthday...so sweet!

My birthday dinner at my favorite hang out in town, Ambient Cafe, with so many of my favorite people in Thimphu!!! It was a feast and a wonderful time!

With Kheng Sonam Dorji, after he blessed us with his music and songs, at the Music Concert Series at Centennial Radio in May.

In June, I joined my friends Shafik, Lindsey and Kalim, on a hike to Chumphu monastery, a little ways outside of Paro, where there is a levitating statue of Vajra Yogini. WOW!!! No joke. Some photos from our day.



There is the monastery itself.

On the way back, a rural Bhutanese house, rice fields, smoke rising and a moist camera lens that created a lovely affect.

~~~

Peace,
Noam

No comments:

Post a Comment